The Value of eServices
At the end of this session, participants will have gained fundamental knowledge and know the value of eServices such as eForms, eReferral, and eConsult. They will understand the benefits of eConsult integration into EMRs and eReferral, as well as future eServices like eForms that can help them enhance practice efficiency.
- Dr. Clare Liddy, Family Physician, co-founder of eConsultBASE™ and the co-executive Director of the Ontario eConsult Centre of Excellence
- Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia, Family Physician, Managing Director of eHealth Centre of Excellence, and Co-Executive Lead of the Ontario eServices Program
Dr. Clare Liddy
Dr. Clare Liddy is the Chair and Full Professor at the University of Ottawa’s Department of Family Medicine with a University of Ottawa Research Chair in eConsult and Primary Healthcare Delivery.
In addition, she is a Clinical Investigator at the C.T. Lamont Primary Health Care Research Centre, a Senior Researcher at the Bruyère Research Institute, and a practicing family physician at the Ottawa Hospital Academic Family Health Team.
She has received over $35 million of peer-reviewed grant funding (including $10 million as a Principal/Nominated Principal Investigator), presented findings at over 431 international, national and provincial conferences, and published more than 164 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Her achievements in research and program implementation have been recognized by a number of awards, including the Leading Practice Award from the Health Standards Organization (2020), the Future Innovation Award from the Change Foundation (2020), the Canadian Family Physician Researcher of the Year Awards from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (2019), the Award of Excellence – Researcher of the Year from the University of Ottawa (2019), the Physician Changemaker Award from the Canadian Medical Association (2018), and the Michel Bilodeau Centre of Excellence Award from Bruyère Continuing Care (2014).
She is the Primary Care Lead for the award-winning Champlain BASE™ eConsult service and the Co-Executive Director of the Ontario eConsult Centre of Excellence, which is managing the expansion of eConsult across Ontario.
Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia
Dr. Mohamed Alarakhia is:
- a Family Physician at the Centre for Family Medicine Family Health Team
- the Managing Director of the eHealth Centre of Excellence
- Faculty Digital Health and Innovation Lead at McMaster University, Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine (Waterloo Campus)
- Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University
- Adjunct Professor, University of Waterloo
Dr. Alarakhia was awarded the Digital Health Executive of the Year Award in 2019 and the 2018 College of Family Physicians of Canada Award of Excellence.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence won the Patient Care Innovation Team Award at the 2019 Canadian Health Informatics Awards, a 2019 Ingenious Award from Information Technology Association of Canada as well as a newly awarded recipient of the 2022 Innovation Award from the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce.