Integrating Digital Health and Virtual Care
2020 may turn out to be a watershed year for Virtual Care in Canada, as physicians across the country pivoted to the use of Virtual Care services, out of necessity. Physician organizations, Provincial/Territorial and Federal governments pulled together to help flatten the curve and keep Canadians safe during the COVID19 pandemic. Despite some successes, the journey towards providing truly virtual care has proven challenging for many physicians and other health care providers. While the outlook for sustainable virtual care is promising, the trajectory is not entirely certain.
In this presentation, attendees will learn about, and engage in a discussion on:
1. Virtual care adoption data and trending across Canada during COVID19.
2. Infoway’s role in supporting provincial and territorial virtual care initiatives during the pandemic
3. Key enablers of the clinical pivot to virtual care, including EMR-integrated digital tools such as electronic prescribing
4. Challenges encountered by physicians in implementing virtual care
5. Ideas for the sustainability and enhancement of virtual care exiting the COVID19 pandemic, and in preparation for similar future events.
Presented by Dr. Rashaad Bhyat, Clinician Leader, Canada Health Infoway